I am a happy wife, a mother of twins, and enjoy a strong faith in the Lord. I’ve lived on the central coast of California since 2000. Initially, I began taking an interest in health simply because I wanted to look better. My first lifestyle change was to begin exercising, and eliminate certain foods I knew weren’t stellar (most of which came from a bag or box). As I continued making healthier food choices, and progressed in my fitness routine, I noticed a remarkable difference in the way I felt, and I was excited about the changes in my figure. As time went on, I discovered how to cure my lifelong struggle with IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) as well as my chronic headaches. I had no idea that I could have this much energy. Until I experienced it, I didn’t know what optimum health really felt like. This quest for health and vitality grew over the years, and has become my passion. My desire is to help others to be well, and feel fantastic. We live in a society riddled with Diabetes, Obesity, Heart Disease, and Cancer. Many of the chronic diseases that are wreaking havoc on Americans are a result of diet and lifestyle and don’t have to just happen. I want to empower people to take their health into their hands, and be their very best self.
In addition to earning my B.S. in Business Administration/Human Resources from Cal State University of Northridge, I received my Health Coach training from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition where I studied a variety of dietary theories, and innovative coaching methods. There I learned practical lifestyle management techniques, and over 100 dietary theories; everything from Ayurveda, gluten-free, and Paleo, to raw, vegan, and macrobiotics, and everything in between.
I studied with the world’s top health and wellness experts including:
- Joshua Rosenthal, founder and director of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition
- Dr. Andrew Weil, director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine
- Deepak Chopra, MD, leader in the field of mind-body medicine
- Dr. David Katz, MD, MPH, director of Yale University’s Prevention Research Center
- Dr. Walter Willett, MD, DrPH, chair of nutrition at Harvard University
- Gabrielle Bernstein, bestselling author and life coach
- Susan Blum, MD, MPH, assistant clinical professor at Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Mark Hyman, MD, founder of The UltraWellness Center
- Geneen Roth, bestselling author and expert on emotional eating
- David Wolfe, raw food leader and nutrition expert
- Marion Nestle, PhD, MPH, professor at New York University’s Department of Nutrition, Food Studies, and Public Health
- Mark Bittman, food writer for the New York Times and bestselling author
- Joel Fuhrman, MD, family physician and leading expert on nutritional healing
- and many other leading researchers and nutrition authorities
My education has equipped me with extensive, cutting-edge knowledge in holistic nutrition, health coaching, and prevention. Additionally, I received my Personal Training Certification from the American Council on Exercise.